Light can be refracted, but not destroyed



"Adios - Sunset over the Xitle range, south of Mexico City" 2010 fetched a bidding of $500 US Dlls. in the Marni Fund Auction of Krav Maga Worldwide Houston.

I was able to contribute with this donation to the Breast Cancer Research Fund made in memoriam of Marni Levine. I did not had the honor of meeting her in person, but there is something in the eyes of those who were close to her that whenever she is remembered there is a strong positive emotion very difficult to hide.

Who was Marni?

In Memoriam of Marni Levine

A brief appearance she made in an interview for the video of Krav Maga Worldwide shows a strong soul wrapped with care in a delicate body. Like the fiery sunset over the Xitle in this painting, her spirit is still igniting the heart of that association. Light can be refracted but not destroyed.

I feel very happy I could jump in and help this time. I was told the person who bid and got it had found it stunning. To me the idea of someone falling in love with an art work made by an unknown foreign artist, to the point of purchasing it, got my heart...I´m ecstatic.

Thank you, Lord. Thank you, guys. I feel so honored....

Comments