Blessed are the Peacemakers....

May sound as a disclaimer but no politics involved. Only that call to all men of goodwill and the promise of "Bless are the peacemaker for they will be named sons -or daughter, if the case- of God".....Long term effect of all my actions. The accountability. Making domestic life, working place, interaction with shop owner a misery at the end goes back to the person with such a mindset.
Too much hate, to much invoking blood sheds too much mocking faithful Christians... the same as faithful Muslims and faithful Jews.
"He taught me a Jew is not a barbarian" on Lew Wallace Ben Hur in the voice of the Roman general Arrius.The same can be said of a Muslim, the same can be said of a Christian. Were we in perfect world there will be no radicalism, no fear....but that does not cross out that there is something very pure and very uniting in the three great monotheistic faiths independently of their denominations. True believers are close to God and real closeness to God leaves no space for hate.
No need to remember the names and details of those who hate, those who cannot and will not overcome the fear.
I learned in my fathers house to admire Muslim art and had a lot of good Jewish friends. I learned the basics of Christianity and the openness of Ecumenism....Now at 50 I chose freely to speak it in the open and separate myself from those who hate. Those whose life is a misery and whose tonges speak damnation. None of these true faiths will consider hate a command from God.

For stating less than that I have had radical right wing followers of the talking head at TV and radio at my throat...By taking a sample of the worst of each a lot of good is left behind. But hate is trendy nowadays. The empire of fear leaves millionary salaries for those in the media. And those who follow the command of the peacemaker are considered idiots because the first thing they will do is migrate to more possitive stations or channels.

I am blessed with teaching in a truly multicultural environment here in the USA Community Colleges. In a secular country blessed with the core tradition of the freedom of religion. If the freedom of speech has been uses to spread hatred as wildfire for reasons that I will not elaborate, here freedom of speech covers this blog. There have been times -short, unfortunately- where the three religions coexisted together with no further problem.

In that awesome song by Johny Cash When the Man comes around there is that verse
"There will be no more Shalom, no more Salaam... Father Hen will call His children home"

My father believed in it even though he never took a public stand on it. I have the option to do it and take it, also in his name for I want to associate with him in the promise for the Blessed Peacemakers.

The garbage of hate and fear can be -and must be- used as fuel: one day I decided to cancell all radio stations in my car, keeping a sound possitive interdenominational Christian one and then came the assurance that to fight hate and fear they have to be cut of one listner at the time and those doing exatly the oposite have to be sponsored.

No naivete implied. History has had ups and downs but I still believe that the hark of the angels requestion all people of goodwill together is still a reality. I launched a search for the call of prayer in Christianity -the Doxology- in Judaism -Shema Israel.. Hear.Ye Israel- and the Muslim Adhan-the call to prayer. I listened to them with a reverent and open heart and allowed them to touch me into tears. Just because a poor soul declared war on the West and was followed by some in darkeness does not make all muslims bad people or cancels the sincerity of their search to serve God thru prayer, good deeds and the service to others. Just because some Jews have become so secularized that they scorn the command to treat foreigners with care, because they were foreigners in Egypt does not apply to every single good willing Jew.

I invite my readers to pause all prejudices. To forget about what sep´rate us and focus on what unites us: three faiths calling out loud to the Almighty Creator of All, the One and the Only above all the gods of materialistic fear and hatreed

One God who created us first and foremost to Praise Him and serve our fellow men, then to be the very best He made us.
Doxlogy
http://youtu.be/mboEmL2T4uI


Adzhan
http://youtu.be/zi_hxq0g4eE

Shema Israel
http://youtu.be/mZz64qMX4j0

I opened the three of them at the same time.....while writing this lines, allowing the sounds of praise to the One and Only God of our Fathers in three traditions. I´m not blessed with knowing Arabic nor Jewish, but I can conenesct my heart and understand that one day will come when politics will be left aside, all the justification of fear and hate and God will be worshiped not here nor there, but in spirt and in truth. Coming into His Gates ALL those with a pure heart a compass towards God and service in His name.

Comments