2010: A Milestone at 49

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: 2010: A Milestone at 49
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


January was a hectic month. And at the end I found myself with the fact that I had reached the age of 49 years old....I still remember when at 8 I saw the far and away date of 2000 and doing the math realized I was going to be a very old lady of 39!!!!

OK, ten years latter I´m still here. And desiring another piece of life-cake serving :)

Making this Smilebox was kind of complicated. How to show what is very close to my heart to this day in 9 pics. Some of the images had to be symbolic: my beloved former students and colleagues represent all who have been around in the past 28 years but also these precise people are very near to my heart now. I had to include some of my recent paintings and the unexpected and heart warming experience of cat closeness that overwhelmed me in Viviana´s veterinarian clinic cat adoption area. I regret there is no pic of Viviana, my young and brave Mexican veterinarian, one of the humans closer to my heart at this time in my life.

Two tangible things that fill my soul with hope and strength are the Jacaranda trees in bloom every Spring in Mexico City and the memories of the SEAL Adventure Challenge I took -and survived to graduation- last May. The pic was taken from Military.com for there was no record of us 26 students doing the surf torture with the Log PT, but whoever they are, they look exactly as we all did. We were even ordered to do that evolution in a heavier version, for we were actually FACING the breakers while working the Log PT.

At 49 some time ago people grew aged and respectable. Had quieted down considerably and many were dealing with the next generation of grand kids. Seems it had not been my lot in life. I want still to have more mountains to climb and conquer. More people to love and guide as students. If God were pleased I want to go for another SEAL Training Adventure and better my marks. I still want to travel and do so many things related with a well lived life. I want to be blessed and be a blessing to another person. I do not want complacency, stagnation and bitterness to take over, neither have around my life individuals that are either angry or existentially inert.

It is milestone. The first day of the rest of my life. May the very best part be still to come.

A month latter -sorry, fully belated- Happy 2010 to all my readers!

Comments

Post a Comment